Wednesday 11 February 2009

Dirty Books

Having just come across a publisher I'd not heard of before, I was really impressed by their cover designs. The publisher is Bookkake, and their specialty is saucy stuff, old and new, as well as a fascinating blog.

Here are the covers of their books so far (and any publisher who brings Hazlitt's fascinating, mad book of obsessive love back into print deserves applause). Each uses a simple, bold image of a body part (usually human) in extreme close-up. Click for much bigger versions.







Great stuff.

5 comments:

Ian Koviak said...

ooh. These are very sexy. Great photography. A bit sterile for my design taste, but I really like them...

JRSM said...

Interestingly, I think they sourced the images through scouring Flickr accounts--the credits inside list the photographer and the use of the image under Creative Commons license.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the stringency and clearness. Nearly German... ;-)

JRSM said...

German, or perhaps French (they are dirty books, after all.

Lucy Fishwife said...

Classy but rude. Love it (and will now go and lie down).