Wednesday 13 April 2011

Onoda Between Two Ends

Sorry about the relative silence here--bursts of great busyness alternating with terrible sloth have prevented me from posting. But I've got some god stuff lined up! And here's a bit of good stuff in the meantime, too: spotted at This Isn't Happiness, it's the cover for a young adult fantasy novel coming out next month, and it was designed by an artist new to me, Canadian Yuta Onoda.



As far as I know this is his first cover design, but if you look through his portfolio you'll see lots of good stuff. If only this illustration (for a review of that woeful-sounding 'pressure your kids to succeed until they crack' parenting manual Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother) had been the cover for the book.

4 comments:

megan said...

I actually snagged this book when I saw an advanced copy because I loved the cover. In person the detail and color are just beautiful.

It's great to see it featured here.

JRSM said...

I'm envious--it looks really pretty!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm definitely loving that cover! I've started looking at Onoda's work, too...I guess I'll have you to blame for the next half hour of doing absolutely nothing productive. ;)

JRSM said...

Well, I like to drag other people down to my level!